My Language Hub (MLH) is committed to providing a safe environment for students to access language classes. We have recognised that, during the Covid-19 pandemic, it is necessary to implement additional measures within the classroom to maintain social distancing amongst staff, students, parents, and all visitors.
We understand the importance of ensuring preventative measures, such as hand-washing and the use of anti-bacterial gel, are in place to ensure the highest standards of hygiene and reduce the risk of cross contamination.
We acknowledge it is the responsibility of MLH to inform staff, students and parents about the measures it has taken to ensure the safety of students in the physical classroom, and will seek to ensure clear communication to ensure this policy is adhered to and the guidelines are followed.
MLH is committed to:
- Delivering fun and engaging classes for all students.
- Ensuring staff and students can undertake classes in a space which has undergone a risk assessment.
- Putting necessary procedures in place to ensure the safety and wellbeing of everyone in the classroom.
- Ensuring the venue is safely accessible and free from harm for everyone attending classes.
- Enforcing social distancing regulations, as laid out by the local government, to ensure students can take part in classes safely and with confidence.
- Providing equal opportunities for students to access interactive language classes through both physical and online classes and ensuring the lesson content and delivery is the same through both mediums.
- Following government legislation on social distancing and only offering physical classes when it is safe and appropriate to do so.
- Maintaining high standards of safeguarding, in both physical and online classes.
- Adhering to the MLH Health and Safety policy at all times.
Covid-19 Risk Assessment
|Potential Hazzard or Risk Arising||Who is at Risk?||Potential Action Required||Action Implemented||Further Measures and Materials Required|
|Spread of Covid-19||Staff StudentsParentsOther visitors to MLH||Handwashing facilities||Hand sanitiser will be provided on the door. All visitors to sanitise their hands on entry into the premises.||Hand Sanitiser|
|Social distancing measures during entrance and exit procedures and throughout the lesson||Students will enter the building one at a time. Masking tape and / floor markers will be used to guide students on how to stay socially distanced from each other. |
Parents will be encouraged to socially distance upon drop off and pick up.
At the end of the class, children will be released once parents have buzzed in ready for pick up.
|Cleaning of surfaces||Teachers will clean any surfaces touched during the class before leaving the classroom.|
|Use of PPE||Staff will wear PPE if necessary. |
Students may wear PPE if they wish to do so.
|PPE – Mask / visor|
|Preventing sick people from entering premises||Students have been communicated to and made aware that they should stay away if they, or anyone they live with, have displayed symptoms of Covid-19. |
Anyone displaying signs of Covid-19 will be sent home.
Classes will be cancelled for two weeks if the teacher displays symptoms of Covid-19.
|Safe access to Toilet Facilities||Students will be encouraged to use their own facilities at home to avoid using toilets at MLH.|
If the facilities are still needed, students will be provided with hand sanitiser before visiting the toilet and on a one-in-and-one-out basis.