ISO certification for language service companies08/03/2022
HM Queen Elizabeth II dies09/09/2022
'Translations for Ukraine' initiative
T he 'Translations for Ukraine' initiative is a collaborative effort among all the team members at My Language Hub. As a language service company, we understand that communication is vital. And this is intensified during humanitarian crises.
This initiative has been put in place to offer translation and interpreting services for Ukrainian refugees. The languages offered for this initiative are:
Ukrainian refugees, UK sponsors, community groups and businesses can now take advantage of this initiative to support Ukrainians fleeing the war.
The services offered under this initiative are:
- certified translations for visa applications, for example of personal documents such as birth and marriage certificates
- translations of medical reports for those who need to continue their medical treatment in the UK
- interpreting services
- English language classes (contact the MLH Education Team)
How does it work?
This initiative works on a 3-tiered system, according to which the relevant fees are applied:
Applicants must meet the eligibility criteria for pro-bono and discounted translation and interpreting services. Terms and Conditions apply.
very limited and assessed on a case-by-case basis
- NO UK sponsor
- case of extreme urgency
- life-threatening situation
limited and assessed
- Name and Surname
- Postal address (including postcode)
- Contact details (telephone/mobile, email)
business as usual
- volume of translations
- level of certified translations
- hours of interpreting
Why are we doing this?
Because we feel it is the right thing to do. We are a small team with a huge heart. However, we do NOT receive any Government funding. This is why we must choose the cases that fit the pro-bono and discounted categories based on careful assessment.
Are you a qualified translator?
Join our team!
- relevant qualification
- English to Ukrainian
- Ukrainian to English
- specialism (in any sector)
How to join our team:
- complete our recruitment form
- email us your CV and relevant documentation (as detailed on the recruitment form)